Monday, September 9, 2013

Bagasbas



 
How are my favorite people?  We have had a great week! We were in Naga on Tuesday for MLC. We set out on our version of the Road to Hana at 5 a.m.  I discovered that it is very difficult to sleep in a tiny squished van on the Road to Hana. So I enjoyed watching the world move by rather than sleeping. This included things like small canoes floating down canals, a man selling coconuts from a large rolling crate, little children running to school in green uniforms. The elders love Mission Leadership Conference because of the food. It is always delicious. The cook at the mission home is engaged to a guy from St. George and he is a lucky man.  

This morning we got up early and headed to the beach called Bagasbas to go running. This is in our ward boundary but the area covered by the zone leaders.  I was in heaven.  The combination of ocean air and running is a magic medication for my soul.  I think it cleared the cobwebs out of my brain.  




I have really been thinking about the Atonement this week.  I think I am a decent person but I know I have made a lot of mistakes and am not perfect. Sometimes those mistakes feel so heavy.  I realize how far I need to.  I was reading in Mosiah where it says:  10 And again, believe that ye must arepent of your sins and forsake them, and humble yourselves before God; and ask inbsincerity of heart that he would cforgive you; and now, if youdbelieve all these things see that ye edo them.

And behold, I say unto you that if ye do this ye shall always rejoice, and be filled with the alove of God, and always bretain a remission of your sins; and ye shall grow in the cknowledge of the glory of him that created you, or in the knowledge of that which is just and true




I find great comfort knowing that there is not a limit to the Savior’s grace.  

We were teaching the young 16 year old girl I mentioned last week and she opened up to us about how she feels that she can never do enough. She has a lot on her plate being mom and dad and big sister. We talked about how we are never alone because of the atonement; Christ knows us perfectly.  Sister Bersola bore a powerful testimony telling her that she is a daughter of God. In the first few months of the mission when things were very hard and I felt quite hopeless, I started to keep a miracle journal. Every day I would write one miracle that I saw that day. It helped me see that even when it is so difficult God still cares for us. He will not leave us and I know he will not leave this young girl. We gave her a small journal to start her own miracle journal to remember the savior in her life.  


 

I sat in R.S yesterday with my arm around an elderly woman, which in all honesty, I don’t really know. She was sitting on the back row in a large purple sweater covering her very small and frail body with tears streaming down her face. We had her come sit by us and I gave her my handkerchief.  She only said she was having problems with her husband and then sat shuddering under my arm.  

In 3 Nephi the savior tells us to come unto him and he will heal us.  

The atonement is not something I fully understand but I do know that it will make up for my mistakes, our young 16 year old friend’s loneliness and this woman’s heart ache if we come unto him.  

We start exchanges this week with two sets of sisters and have interviews with President tomorrow. The first week of the transfer, two of the sisters stayed at our apartment because theirs wasn’t finished yet. So Sister b and I slept on the floor - we haven’t moved back into our beds yet cause we are lazy and the floor is actually more comfortable than the bars on my back haha.  


 

I think I am told at least 4 times a day (at least once a day by sister B) that I look like Barbie. I told Sister B that in America, that is not a compliment. She said oh, okay, well then you look like Paris Hilton. I told her that is worse. haha)

Daet has one stop light. It is the first stop light I have seen in a year. The pineapple is still delicious and I love the area and my darling companion. 

William - good luck out there! go get em! Welcome to the army! You are going to do so well!

Cate - you look beautiful in all your pics.  

Owen - stop growing. 

Love from the pines,

Sister C


 

No comments:

Post a Comment