Saturday, June 18, 2011

With Love: Meish, Mom and Catey Bug

The last days of my study abroad program came to an end and it was weird to say good bye to these wonderful people I have grown so fond of and lived so closely with for the past six weeks. Knowing that my mom and cute sister were on there way to the wonderful city I have called home for the past two months.  On my Friday morning I had a surprise waiting for me on the outside of my flat door..... mom and cate!! We spent four wonderful days touring around London and then headed to the city of lights to see the sights of Parie. 


Portobello Road.  Cate and I were asked at least three times if we were twins.  

new necklaces. 




There was a startling chicken theme to our European adventure.... What tipped it off was that the owner of the house we stayed in while in London was an avid animal lover.  Her housing agreement, which we were required sign in agreement, clearly stated that meat was not allowed within the walls of the house.  Holly, our house owner and both of her dogs were strict vegetarians.  Not only did she have two hyper puppies she had two pet chickens which, by the way, roamed the house in diapers!! So these diapered chickens made this man dressed in a chicken suit strutting around the Underground all the better.


 Shortly after our chicken suit encounter we walked out of the tube station and ran into this mile upon mile long bike race of NAKEDS! It took me a whole three seconds to realize that this bike race was full on nudies before turning on the spot and running the other way.  Oh Europe!

On the steps of St. Paul's. 


"Too late for second guessing, too late to go back to sleep. 
It's time to trust my instincts close my eyes and leap."

Wicked in the West End !


Changing of the guard on a soggy Sunday morning.

Organ concert in Westminster Abbey.

Bobby Hats!

Baguettes in PARIS!

Notre Dame

The Louvre


Arc de Triomphe

Eiffel Tower

Versailles.


Marie Antoinette's Cottages.

 Eiffel at Night! Last night in Parie. 

View from the top

WeParis!

Thanks for following my adventures over the last few weeks.  Going abroad was an incredible experience and I feel so lucky and am so grateful for the opportunity. 
As always... Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. Oh that looks like so much fun! Kody proposed to me in Versailles! Thanks for sharing the pictures. I hope you are having a great time :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh it looks like you guys had a blast :) I'm so glad it went well! Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO jealous! i want to go abroad so badly! i can't believe that there were nudie bikers! and that chicken is creepy! looks like an adventure for sure!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete